AMP Avocat a IILWG held by NYU Law
This year again, AMP Avocat took part as speaker at the Impact Investing Legal Working Group, held by NYU Law, at the Gunin Center for Law and Social Entrepreneurship, from May 23rd to May 24th. This year, the conference focused on the assorted Legal Issues faced in the field of Impact Investing and Social Entrepreneurship in the United States and globally.
Five themes were studied;
- Growing the global community of lawyers working in the field of social entrepreneurship and impact investing
- Planning for market uncertainty when investing in social enterprises or managing social enterprises
- Aggregating capital for impact investing
- Creating and documenting new impact investment products
- Governing impact investment funds and social enterprises
Alissa Pelatan spoke on “Growing the global community of lawyers working in the field of social entrepreneurship and impact investing” and the stake of creating a network of Benefit legal professionals to ease cross-boarder practice; “Governing impact investment funds and social enterprises” which focused on how governance within Social or Mission-Related Enterprises diverge from traditional companies.
Alongside Co-Board Member from ESELA, Roberto Randazzo, Pelatan led a workshop on “Growing the Legal Community of Practice Beyond the United States”, offering a comparative point of view between Social Entrepreneurship in the United States and in Europe.